Sunday, March 25, 2012

She laughs at the days to come...


Proverbs 31:25-26, 30
“Strength and honor are her clothing, and SHE CAN LAUGH AT THE DAYS TO COME. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and loving instruction is on her tongue… Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord will be praised.”
This verse challenges me to become a woman that is so in love and wrapped up in trusting God in the present, that I forget about the worries and fear I have for the days to come (aka the future). Therefore I am able to laugh and enjoy to the fullest His presence, the understanding and further discovery of realizing who He is, and the little blessings that He places in my life each day.
Have I come to the point where God can withdraw His blessings from me without my trust in Him being affected? Am I putting such a trust in the Lord that I no longer want His blessings, but only want God Himself? Whoa. Heart check. Do I really trust God entirely? It is so hard to let go and let God be the complete authority in my life. It’s also easy to hang on to what is comfortable because I know where it leads, but trusting God in the midst of the unknown is true faith. Comfort is easy but sometimes God asks us to do hard things. Am I willing to risk everything in order to follow what God is calling me to?  
All of God’s revealed truths are sealed until they are opened to us through obedience. Surrendering my will to Him today creates a greater opportunity for God to work in and through me. When I am reminded that I am absolutely nothing without Him, life becomes a lot clearer because I am not the center of it, God is. Obedience should be something I want to do as an expression of my love for God.
I am praying that as a woman seeking after God’s heart that my fear and doubt would cease in the lightness and utter joy of my trust in the Lord most High. I am so excited for the adventure God is taking me on and cannot wait to see what He is going to do. All the while I will enjoy each day filled with peace and laughter because I know my God is in control and loves me. I will choose to trust Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment