Sunday, October 16, 2011

I am defined as a lover of God and one whom God loves.

Continually I am amazed at how crazy in love my Lord is for me. I have a romantic Lover whom will never fail me, how cool is that!? Way more fulfilling than the fleshy love that we think we yearn for. I am my beloved and He is mine. (Song of Solomon 2:16) Such a sweet romance the Lord has written for us, but how sad that only few of us live in that love while the rest of us are waiting for it and missing it.
Christianity today has become based on souls instead of the true intimacy of a relationship with God. We end up being a church that does things FOR God when we should be doing things WITH Him! “He does not ask for a sacrifice or I would give it; He is not pleased with a burnt offering. The sacrifice pleasing to God is a broken spirit. He will not despise a broken and humbled heart.” (Psalm 51:16-17) He wants us to come to Him broken. Our mess is beautiful to God. He doesn’t want us to have it all together. He loves us just the way we are. When we are at our weakest, falling apart, that is when we realize how desperate we are and it shows our true need for the Lord. When we allow Him to make us broken bread and poured out wine we are closest to His heart; leaning, dependent, and trusting completely in Him. Our personal God doesn’t just wait and expect us to do things that please Him. He wants to be in the midst of everything we do, doing it with us. He desires an intimate relationship with us! Whoa! He is enticed and enchanted with who we are! We don’t even HAVE to do anything …just Be. His love for us is fervent and ardent like an ocean. We cannot even comprehend the depth of His powerful, unending love, it would be too much for us to handle!
“You have captured my heart, my sister, my bride. You have captured my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace. How delightful your love is, my sister, my bride. Your love is better that wine, and the fragrance of your perfume than any balsam, your lips drip sweetness like the honeycomb, my bride. Honey and milk are under your tongue. The fragrance of your garments is like the fragrance of Lebanon. My sister, my bride, you are a locked garden- a locked garden and a sealed spring. Your branches are a paradise of pomegranates with choicest fruits, henna with nard- nard and saffron, calamus and cinnamon, with all the trees of frankincense, myrrh and aloes, with all the best spices. You are a garden spring, a well of flowing water streaming from Lebanon. Awaken north wind- come, south wind. Blow on my garden, and spread the fragrance of its spices. Let my love come to his garden and ear its choicest fruits.” (Song of Solomon 4:9-16)
Ah! So beautiful. This is one of the most dramatic unveilings of God’s heart! We captivate His heart; we overwhelm Him and make Him CRAZY! We are the most exhilarating thing He created! He says we are unspoiled and there are no blemishes on us. He mentions us as a locked garden. In other words keeping our heart locked from the spirit of the world nourishes and strengthens our King. When we choose to save and seal our heart for our Lord, then no thief can come in to destroy, trample or steal the beauty that is blossoming within. The Lord feasts in the garden of our worship and we become fruitful in ministry. Once ownership changes and our garden becomes His garden, love abounds. Awakening the winds of adversity to blow on our garden not only strengthens us to stand firm but also spreads the fragrance of our garden to others. How rich and sweet His words are to us!
(Most of this revelation came from Ms. Ann-Marie Heilman's Song of Solomon teaching)

1 comment: