Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hello family, friends, and supporters…
 For the past month God blessed me with the opportunity to go with Arrows International Dance Ministry Team to London, England! I arrived back in the USA on Monday, July 23. I am so thankful and continually amazed that God chooses to use me for His glory. My heart is overflowing with gratefulness for people like you who love and support me. Without you believing in me, I wouldn’t have been able to fulfill the calling God placed on my heart this summer. Thank you so much for giving and praying.
Throughout my time in London, we danced and ministered at several conferences, churches, and schools.  I loved meeting the children and listening to them talk! One of my favorite experiences was dancing at a conference called Project Dance. We performed at The Scoop amphitheater located by the Tower of London. Throughout the day, it rained sporadically so when we could not dance on the slippery stage, our team ended up worshipping in the rain. It was really amazing getting to spread God’s presence and joy with a diverse and vast amount of people stopping to watch. At times, the experience seemed surreal as I prayed and danced for the crowds of people who needed to know the saving grace of our Lord Jesus.  Even though we didn’t get the chance to share the gospel specifically with each person, I know that seeds were planted in the hearts of many and the Holy Spirit was at work to “draw all men to God.”   
Another of my most memorable experiences was dancing at the market place in Poplar which was predominantly a Muslim community. While waiting for our clothes at the launderette, God led our team to perform some of our dance pieces in the square using a laptop and small speakers. Starting off, we could barely hear the music but after a while people started to notice and stopped to watch. After a short while, a gentleman that worked at one of the booths came over and offered the use of his speakers. Blasting Jesus music, we danced for about an hour and talked to some of the people standing by. They were really interested about the motive and inspiration for our dancing. The next day, we went back to visit and shop while connecting with more people in the area. The third day, we returned to perform in the square again. By then, people knew who we were and we were able to share the gospel of Jesus Christ. Bringing smiles and life to the people in this community was one of the highlights of my trip. Knowing that I was used to be His vessel of inspiration and light in a dark place was a blessing.
I think the greatest thing God taught me on this trip was how to have JOY in the midst of any circumstance. He definitely showed that He wanted my focus and attention completely on Him. Before leaving for London, I prayed specifically for divine appointments which I thought was for me to pour into others. I did not expect that I would be the one receiving ministry and encouragement. Instead, God, in His faithfulness, put certain people in my life to challenge, counsel, relate, and encourage me to keep following the Lord whole heartedly. The memories and lessons that God gave me on this trip have  solidified and strengthened the call on my life to be His hands and feet, to love with His abandon, and to always be willing to be available to go wherever He asks me to go. 
 Thank you again for pouring your love and support into my life.  May God bless you abundantly.
Sincerely,   
Kimberly Robinson   

No comments:

Post a Comment